Who's Ready for Some Football?
Fall is nearly here, and football is already livin’ large at the Isle of Capri Casino® Hotel Lula, in the heart of the Mississippi Delta.
Yes, the drought is nearly over and super fans and casual fans alike are breaking out the tailgating gear, preparing for fantasy drafts, and practicing their friendly trash-talking. No sport in the South is bigger, so whether the college brand or the professional variety is your deal, celebrations are in order.
Words can’t do justice to describing those crisp, fall Saturday or Sunday mornings, when the day begins with preparing traditional southern tailgating cuisine. Ribs, dogs, chicken, and burgers prevail, but some fans like to get creative, so expect just about anything at a tailgate party. Tailgate parties typically begin early to mid-morning of game day and continue right up until game time. Soon after the party begins, adult beverages begin to flow, and the competitive spirit eventually emerges with party games like beer pong, cornhole, and ladder ball.
- Be prepared for the game you're attending and dress sensibly (with your team colors, of course). The season begins in late August to early September and continues through bowl games and playoffs, right into January. Southern tailgaters know they need to be prepared for anything from beach attire to hooded parkas and blankets.
- Pick a designated driver you can rely on. This will ensure that you and your friends get home safely. Get there early for the ultimate spot to park your vehicle. Find a spot near a grassy area or even with a shade tree nearby, if you can. If the party has to be confined to the concrete parking lot, be sure to park around other fans who support the home team. It’s just more fun that way.
- Good tailgaters observe standard protocols. This means abiding by the lot rules. Don’t leave the grill unattended and clean up the area afterward. Most of all have fun while showing respect for your fellow fans.
- Taking into account the structure of your parking area, find a way to account for the possibility of rain. A canopy that minimally covers the grill, food, and maybe a few people would be ideal. Easy to raise canopies are available at many stores for around $100.
- Don’t forget, there’s a game after the party! Especially passionate fans will paint their face with team colors, wear outrageous costumes, and attach team decals everywhere before the walk to the stadium.
- Finally, enjoy the game, and take in the electricity and sounds of the stadium when the home team’s quarterback heaves an 80-yard touchdown pass to his favorite wide receiver.
At Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula, we're on top of the entire scene with promotions specially designed for the pigskin aficionado.
- Break the Bank Giveaway: Every Wednesday in September, just prior to the beginning of the weekend pigskin action, guests can win FanPlay®, Bonus Points, buffet meals and gifts. Earn entries, and then between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., listen every 30 minutes for a chance to choose a piggy bank and break it open for a prize!
- Game Day Giveaway: On Thursdays from 10 a.m-10 p.m., be among the first 400 guests to earn 200 points and win a free gift! Win every Thursday in September, and you’ll collect all four gifts: a cooler grill, a stadium cushion, a stadium blanket and a rolling cooler. With prizes like that, your tailgate party will be a snap.
While you’re here taking part in our football-themed promotions, stop by Otis & Henry’s® for great “Game Night” specials! On Sunday nights, watch your favorite teams duke it out while you cheer them on with $1 drafts and wing specials!
So whether you’re enjoying this season’s action from the sidelines, at home on the couch, or at your favorite local bar, remember there is always action and fun to be had at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula!