Back to Blog
Spring into Action: Lula Style
If you're looking for a spring getaway, there’s no better destination than Lula, Mississippi. This area offers a variety of advantages, including pleasant weather, lots of natural beauty and many special events. You will find that spring is an especially active season in this region. The following are some Lula Mississippi’s spring festivals that you should check out while you’re visiting.
• Clarksdale Caravan Music Fest: This is a free annual festival that will be held May 8-10, 2015 in downtown Clarksdale. This popular event is held near the Rock & Blues Museum, which is a place you should also visit while you're in the area. The festival will have two stages featuring performers such as Blues Sisters From Japan, Anthony “Big A” Sherrod, and Sean “Bad” Apple & Big Boy Martin.
• Delta Jubilee: The Delta Jubilee is held at the Coahoma County Fairgrounds and Expo Center on June 5-6. This is a fun evening event for the whole family, with a carnival, rides, a BBQ competition, arts and crafts, live bands and lots of great food.
• The Blue Biscuit Festival: This colorful festival is held on June 6, 2015 in Indianola, MS. Hosted by the great people of the Blue Biscuit BBQ, join them for excellent food and live music from local musicians. These fun folks encourage all who attend to “wear your drinking hats and dancing shoes!”
The Isle of Capri® Casino Hotel
While you’re staying in the Clarksdale-Lula area, you shouldn't miss the chance to visit the Lula Mississippi Isle of Capri Casino Hotel. In fact, this is the most comfortable and luxurious place to stay in the region. This casino features a variety of attractions that will make it the highlight of your spring vacation. Here are some of the reasons you should make this your vacation headquarters while you’re in Lula.
• Choose between two luxurious hotels: the Coral Reef and the Palm Terrace®.
• A wide selection of table games including Roulette, Craps, Blackjack and Mississippi Stud.
• More than 900 slot machines and video poker machines.
• Live entertainment.
• Three restaurants on site: Otis & Henry’s Bar and Grill®, Calypso’s Buffet® and O&H Express®, which is open 24 hours.
• Fan Club® allows you to earn back cash and prizes every time you play any of their over 900 slot machines.
• There are lots of fun chances to win cash and FanPlay® with their monthly promotions.
Plus, their giving you the chance to burn rubber in a brand new Camaro®! The giveaway runs all through May, with the Grand Prize drawing on May 30.
Isle of Capri® provides guests and visitors with a unique experience that has the charm of old fashioned Riverboat gaming. It allows you to experience the hospitality of the region while keeping you in close proximity to the area’s many festivals and other special events and attractions.