Back to Blog
Don’t Skimp on the Shrimp!
Exciting casino gaming and the rich history of the Mississippi Delta are bringing you a summer of seafood at Isle of Capri Casino® Hotel Lula! Seafood Takeover is back and it’s filling up our menus with delicious specials straight from the ocean! Get ready to feast on lobster, crab and this season’s favorite: shrimp!
Shrimp is a fabulous alternative to other meat proteins. It’s low fat and low calorie, yet contains 18 grams of protein per 3 ounce serving. Shrimp is an excellent source of selenium, vitamins D and B12, and it improves circulation. Shrimp is high in omega-3s and has one of the lowest levels of mercury of any seafood available. Most importantly, it’s versatile and can be prepared to suit everyone’s taste buds.
Our restaurants are aiming to do just that by offering a wide selection of shrimp dishes for you to try:
• Shrimp Scampi with Fried Green Tomatoes: deep fried tomatoes with eight shrimp scampi and crawfish cream sauce ($16).
• Shrimp Po’boy: six large deep fried shrimp tucked into a toasted hoagie roll with lettuce, tomato and remoulade sauce ($12).
• Fried Shrimp Platter: eight large shrimp, lightly breaded, fried and served with French fries ($16).
All entrees are served with a side salad or coleslaw and a choice of one side.
• Fried Shrimp Basket ($8.99). Served with fries and a drink.
• Peel and Eat shrimp (Lunch: $10.99, Dinner: $15.99).
• Fried shrimp Saturday nights ($23.99).
While you're dining on your tantalizing shrimp meal, consider these fun shrimp facts:
1. Shrimp are found worldwide in both fresh and salt water.
2. A shrimp averages 6 inches long. The longest shrimp found was 16 inches long!
3. There are 128 species of shrimp.
4. Shrimp can live up to 6 years.
5. May 9 is National Shrimp Day.
6. Prawns in the U.K. are the same thing as American shrimp.
7. Shrimp is considered to be the number one seafood. One billion pounds of shrimp are eaten every year by Americans. Over five billion pounds of shrimp are produced every single year.
8. Shrimp come in many different colors such as red, white, pink and brown.
9. The top five export countries of shrimp are Thailand, China, India, Vietnam and Denmark.
10. Some shrimp can be found at depths of 3,280 feet!
If shrimp is not your style, don’t forget to savor these other seafood specialties:
Otis & Henry’s Bar and Grill
Lobster Bucket: whole lobster, smoked sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes ($28).
Crab legs Saturday nights ($23.99).
The restaurants at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula are swimming with new seafood dishes for you to enjoy. Dive in to the Lobster Bucket or snack on the Fried Shrimp Basket. Whatever you choose, savor our inventive seasonal seafood meals and remember: Don’t skimp on the shrimp! Follow us on Facebook for fun seafood giveaways all month long!